• Compact, lightweight, rugged rotary helm. • Patented, No-tools-required cable connection. • 3 turns lock-to-lock. • Standard 3/4” tapered shaft. • Stainless steel telescopic ram. • Fits boats up to 24’, steering wheels up to 16”. • Exceeds NMMA Certification Requirements and ABYC Standards.
• Consist of:
(1) 836555 (SH-5094-1 P) Single Helm
(1) 836859 (SB-27484) Bezel – 90°
(1) SSC-62 – Quick-Connect Steering Cable
(1) STEERING WHEEL Equidistant three spoke design. • Heavy duty, non-magnetic, UV resistant, high impact plastic. • Meets ABYC P-22 and ISO 8848 standards. • Diameter 13-1/4”. 4” dish. Fits all standard 3/4” tapered shafts.
How To Determine Cable Length For Rotary Steering
For New Installation : Measure cable routing path in boat as follows: A= Center line of wheel to gunwale. B= Dash to transom. C= Gunwale to centerline of cable connection at the center of the tiller. For Tilt Tube Mounting (TUBE ON THE MOTOR), add A, B & C + 6″, round up to next even foot. For Transom/Splashwell/Stringer Support Mounting, add A, B & C, then subtract 6″ and round up to the next even foot.
Measure Existing Cable as Follows : Measure plastic cable jacket (casing, dimension “Y”) in inches, add 18″, and round up to the next even foot.